If you have a super small bathroom, trying to make everything fit in the available space is like doing a giant crossword puzzle. -Forbes Magazine
Many homeowners discover that small bathroom remodeling can still be a big project. The bathroom is one of the most important places in a home and it can be difficult to balance design and functionality. Our designers will work with you to discuss your needs, style, and floor plan for your remodeled bathroom. We can create a new layout for your bathroom that will give you the most space without compromising on your needs.
Making your bathroom feel bigger
There are several ways you can make your bathroom feel like a much bigger space. Should change the color scheme, sink or shower system? These are only a few of the many design elements of a bathroom remodel to consider.
- Color palette: Light or white tiles and a full height backsplash can easily make a bathroom seem larger. Not a fan of tile? You can always choose paint or wallpaper instead. Large painted or wallpaper patterns are a great way to make a room feel bigger.
- Larger tiles: Many homeowners like subway tiling in bathrooms because it’s versatility. But, using larger tiles with less grout lines can make the space feel even larger. Mosaic tiles with a larger pattern are a nice design alternative as well as seen in the bathroom / laundry room we put together.
- Storage space: A pedestal sink with no storage may be a good option for a powder room or guest bathroom. However, if this is a full-service bathroom, we recommend a sink with storage underneath to save space. Floating shelves mounted to the wall are also a great choice for storage.
- Shower & Tub Combos: Walk-in showers with a glass shower door can help you save lots of space in your bathroom if you don’t need a full bathtub. If you do need a tub, of course, a combination tub and shower are the best option.
- Wall-mounted and door-mounted options: There are lots of wall-mounted options for bathrooms to help you save on space. Options like wall-mounted sinks and cabinetry can be both aesthetically pleasing and very functional. Many small bathrooms use door-mounted towel racks on glass shower doors.
- Floor plan: Changing your bathroom’s layout can be a great way to get the best use of your space. We can expand your square footage through a renovation or remodel your existing space.
- Design ideas: There are some things to consider when remodeling your bathroom that won’t affect the usability of your space but will complement your design. Faucets, shower components, lighting, and flooring are all features of bathroom design that are important. Something else that we love to add to our smaller space for design, is the fold away bench. As seen below, it’s a great feature and doesn’t take up too much space when closed.
- Plumbing: It’s important to hire an experienced contractor to ensure your remodeled bathroom is up to code. There are guidelines that need to be followed for door space, electrical outlet placement, and fixture heights; but our designers can help fit a lot in even a small space. As seen here, we have a rain showerhead with an additional handheld shower on a bar for easier use.
Do you have questions about renovating your small bathroom? Contact us for a consultation. We can help you create a beautiful and durable space that your family can enjoy for years to come.